Thursday, August 22, 2013

Chinese "Shui diao ge tou" + Irish "Down by the Salley Gardens"

Have you ever been asked to memorize a poem in school?

It is easy to remember a poem if you could attach a melody to the poem and sing it. Here are two good examples: 
Chinese "Shui diao ge tou" from Asia and Irish "Down by the Salley Gardens" in the western culture.


學生要背詩詞,如果每首詩詞都能變成歌曲,有助於記憶,該有多好!
兩個很棒的例子:
中國的詩《水調歌頭•丙辰中秋》北宋,蘇軾/蘇東坡(1037-1101)
愛爾蘭的詩《走在莎莉花園》威廉•巴特勒•葉芝/葉慈(1865-1939)




《水調歌頭•丙辰中秋》北宋,蘇軾/蘇東坡(1037-1101)

明月幾時有?把酒問青天。不知天上宮闕,今夕是何年。我欲乘風歸去,又恐瓊樓玉宇,高處不勝寒。起舞弄清影,何似在人間。
轉朱閣,低綺戶,照無眠。不應有恨,何事長向別時圓?人有悲歡離合,月有陰晴圓缺,此事古難全。但願人長久,千里共嬋娟。

When Will The Moon Be Clear And Bright
Written by Su Shi (1037-1101)

When will the moon be clear and bright?
With a cup of wine in my hand, I ask the blue sky
what season it would be up the heaven for tonight.

Oh Moon, how I wish to get closer
By riding on the breeze.
Yet I fear your crystal and jade chateau,
Are much too high and cold.
So, let me just dance here with my moonlight shadow.

Rounds and rounds, my red mansion, till you shine on my silk pillow,
Sleepless, but bearing no regrets
Blame not the full moon when people has to apart
Sorrow or joy, be near or far,
Things happen like that, and we still believe in fate.

Toast to you, we are all be blessed
Though distant away, we look at the same moon

And in that way, we have never been apart.


Down by the Salley Gardens
Written by William Butler Yeats ( 1865-1939 )

Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet;
She passed the salley gardens with little snow-white feet.
She bid me take love easy, as the leaves grow on the tree;
But I, being young and foolish, with her did not agree.
In a field by the river my love and I did stand,
And on my leaning shoulder she lay her snow-white hand.
She bid me take life easy, as the grass grows on the weirs;
But I was young and foolish, and now am full of tears.

《走在莎莉花園》
作者:威廉•巴特勒•葉芝/葉慈 (愛爾蘭詩人,1865-1939 )

在莎莉花園深處,吾愛與我曾經相遇。
她穿越莎莉花園,以雪白的小腳。
她囑咐我要愛得輕鬆,當新葉在枝椏萌芽。
但我當年年幼無知,不予輕率苟同。
在河邊的田野,吾愛與我曾經駐足。
她依靠在我的肩膀,以雪白的小手。
她囑咐我要活得輕鬆,當青草在堤岸滋長。
但我當年年幼無知,而今熱淚盈眶。


No comments:

Post a Comment